Oasis Chorale’s Summer 2015 tour came… and went. Memories, both profound and simple, return to gladden our mind.
- The sculpting of the soul during the community effort of singing.
- Audience responses during concert: Tears. Smiles of connection to the music. Gratitude.
- The moments of silence after our benedictory song in concert.
- Rehearsals—counting, solfeging through tricky spots, achieving coveted success.
- Growing acquaintance with the formation of consonants.
- God’s gift of safety through the many miles traveled by choir members and the bus.
- Rich hospitality from host families.
- Unexpected gifts—i.e. someone in Ontario filled the bus with fuel, free of charge.
- Coping with illness: the uncomplaining sick ones, as well as the creative solutions from others.
- Comfortable conversational connections within the choir.
- Successful, satisfying recording days.
‘Those who know’ say no sound is ever lost, that sounds continue to travel into eternity. This means our concerts are still traveling, too. They remain ever-present before the great I AM as our offering of praise to Him. This, too, brings gladness to our mind.
“In thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11
Joseph & Fern Ebersole