Hymns of the Church – Volume 3
The New Testament gives surprisingly little detail about how our congregational worship should look. Yet we do know that singing is a part of God’s design for the church gathering. Why might this be? Why is the spoken word, by itself, inadequate to the complete task of corporate worship?
I believe it is that singing touches the heart and emotions in a way that the spoken word cannot. We are called to worship God with every part of our being; singing engages both mind and heart. This is of God: singing is the audible overflow of the Spirit of God in the lives of the people of Jesus (Eph. 5:18-19).
Our hope is that this recording will help strengthen and renew the song of God’s people. Let us rejoice in Him!
- Lord Jesus Christ, Be Present Now
- To the Name That Is Salvation
- O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing
- O Happy Day That Fixed My Choice
- What Mercy and Divine Compassion
- Jesus, I Have Come to Offer
- Deeper and Deeper
- Let Us Rejoice in Him
- Hast Thou Not Known
- When O’er the Earth is Breaking
- O Holy City, Seen of John
- Zion Stands with Hills Surrounded
- Lo! He Comes
- Now, On Land and Sea Descending
- Other in High Heaven Dwelling
- Holy Lord God of Sabaoth
On this recording
|Dimensions||5.5 × 5 × .25 in|