The day began with warm ups and meaningful words from Wendell. He talked about how people’s lives and choices shouldn’t affect our love for them. It’s been an intense few days of rehearsing for me. I’ve enjoyed it immensely and I’m excited about the concerts in the next week.
Here are a few things that I’ve learned about my fellow choir members.
- If Wendi Martin was an animal, she’d be a tiger because they look really chill on the outside but on the inside they’re kind of wild.
- Daniel Yutzy left his last job because he wanted to do other things. It was a great job. The pay was decent and he got to work with fun people. He chose a different life path because he didn’t want to be breaking his back at 60 still doing construction, and he enjoys music.
- Cari Nolt is a moose! Who knew? I didn’t. Here is the short explanation. Her eye sight was failing and she needed contacts. While sitting in the optometrist’s office, she glanced over at herself in the mirror. “That’s a moose!” She exclaimed. So have a look in the mirror the next time you’re getting your eyes checked. You never know what you’ll see.
- After missing an exceptionally low note, Jordan Drudge says, “We can’t all and some of us don’t”. (In his Winnie the Pooh voice)
- Chad Beery’s not sure why, but he’d be a lion if he was an animal.
- QOTD “I don’t want to do it because I’m lazy, but I can if you want me to.” – Ivan Godoy
That’s all for now . . . we hope to see you at one of our concerts.
Steven Byler, Tenor 1